Thursday, May 13, 2010

Everything you say


will save me
from something

Everything I say
will save you
or lose you
to something
you don't know

If I could keep everything
out nothing
would get in
to start something inside
that will get away
from me

Everything we do
is to save
somebody
from something

All the messages
I protest
are not for me
but somebody
who doesn't know
what the message is
& how it will get in
on a lie
& take them away

Somebody I don't know
somebody out there
waiting
open
indefensible
depends on me
to stop the world
without knowing what
to do, what to say

Everything I don't say
sits inside
legs crossed
smoking
cool
unbroken
unbreakable
contagious

Take me please away
on understanding

I can't say it
any clearer
unless
I said nothing

Everybody knows
more is going on
than anybody knows
& nobody knows
what it is
that everybody here
fears we'll lose
or have lost
or will never find

It must already
be here
& never go
or else
it's too terrible
nothing, not enough
never

I'm trying to say
everything
& there is not one thing
in this poem
to stand on

I'm trying
to protect us
from what I'm saying

Hello

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: